Marketing and Publicity Director
£33,000 base plus profit share
Zed is an independent non-fiction publisher and the world’s largest English language publishing collective. It releases around 60 books a year for an international audience of thoughtful and intelligent readers.
Zed’s business model is unique to publishing; it is a collective and you will be the 11th member. Zed works with many freelancers and service providers, but the core group of 11 collectively run and own the business.
Zed has undergone several major changes in the last two years (new US distribution, new database, rebrand, new website, new office space), changes which are now being consolidated leaving Zed in a revived and strong position.
About the role
As Marketing and Publicity Director, you will be responsible for growing Zed’s market share and existing key accounts across print and digital, in line with Zed’s longer term objectives.
Day to day you will work closely in a team of five who are collectively responsible for growing Zed’s revenue across print, digital and IP. As a director of the company you will contribute to its strategic development and act as a brand ambassador externally.
- You will be a strategic and creative thinker with a commitment to Zed’s mission and goals.
- You will come from a publishing or other cultural product background.
- You will demonstrate the knowledge and skills required to run successful marketing and publicity campaigns across a variety of mediums (online, social media, press, b2c and b2b).
- You will be proficient in the various tools required to run such campaigns.
- You will be able to demonstrate that you are goal orientated rather than activity focused.
- You will show a genuine enthusiasm towards Zed’s entire product range and demonstrate an understanding of publishing as a business process.
- You will be prepared to adapt your responsibilities as the business grows.
- You will be ambitious and able to demonstrate an understanding of the business’ commercial and political potential.
To apply for this position please send a CV and one page covering letter to Laurence Radford no later than 13th March 2017 email@example.com
There are currently no other vacancies at Zed.