Terms and Conditions
Other applicable terms
The following additional terms also apply to your use of our site and are incorporated into these terms by reference:
This site is owned and operated by Zed Books Limited (“We”). Zed Books Limited is registered in England and Wales with company number 1760273 and its registered office is Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, 50 Bedford Square, London WC1B 3DP.
Availability and Delivery of Goods
Zed Books or its partners:
- Will make every reasonable effort to process the customer’s order within 5 working days of the goods being in stock.
- Will make every reasonable effort to inform the customer of current stock availability during the checkout process.
- Will ship goods to the customer using the shipping method chosen by the customer during the checkout process. The delivery timescales stated during the checkout process are for guidance only and do not constitute a binding contract.
- Will pre-authorise the customer’s credit card at the point of order but will only charge the customer at the point of shipping.
- Will make every reasonable effort to secure customer data and credit card payment processes.
- Do not accept liability for any losses arising from the transmission of customer data or credit card data across the Internet.
- May from time to time run promotional offers. Such offers may be available for a limited time period and may not apply to all available goods. The terms of promotional offers may be altered at any time or they may be cancelled without warning.
- Will ensure that all taxes, shipping costs and any promotional offers are made clear to the customer during the checkout process.
Intellectual property rights
All information, content and material displayed on this site and all code comprised in this site are the property of Zed Books Limited. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world and all such rights are reserved.
All of the trademarks, service marks, logos and trade names used on this site (including, without limitation, the Zed Books names and logos) are trademarks or registered trademarks of Zed Books Limited.
You may not copy, post, transmit, store, publish, download or otherwise use our trademarks or logos or any of the content or code of this site in any way without our prior written approval. You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from us or our licensors.
EBooks purchased from the Zed website are free of Digital Rights Management (DRM-free). You own the file once you’ve downloaded it, and you can use it on any of your devices. You are prohibited from uploading Zed EBooks to any website or file-sharing network, or in any other way making them available for distribution, sharing, copying, downloading, or reselling.
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with your use of, or inability to use, our site or your use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
Changes to these terms
Please check this page from time to time to take note of any changes we make, as they are binding on you.
Please contact us by writing to:
c/o Bloomsbury Publishing Plc
50 Bedford Square
Or by email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting our site.