We want visitors to our website to be able to take part fully in the activities and offers we provide. We also want to make sure that when we collect information from you, we do so in a way that does not infringe your right to privacy.
Please read the following carefully because by visiting www.zedbooks.net you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Zed Books Limited, c/o Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, 50 Bedford Square, London WC1B 3DP.
Information you give us
You may give us information about yourself by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or other forms of communication, and we will only use that information as we specifically state when you provide that information or as set out in this policy. Some examples of the information we collect and how we use it are:
- Newsletters: We have several newsletters that keep readers up-to-date with information on our books, authors, events, offers etc. If you would like to subscribe to one of our newsletters, we will require you to send us your email address so we can send the newsletter to you. We may also ask you to provide other information about yourself, such as your name, age and location so we can personalize your newsletters.
- Prize promotions: We regularly run competitions and prize draws and, in addition to your answer or entry, we will require you to send us certain information, such as your name and email address. We will only use this information to administer the promotion and for any other purpose to which you consent when you enter.
- Email and other contact details: You may wish to contact us from time to time by sending us letters or emails or by filling in contact forms on one of our websites. We will only use this information to respond to your query or suggestion.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators from which you have visited our site or that you visit after our site, products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We will use this information to:
- administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- improve our site to ensure content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so,
as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
c/o Bloomsbury Publishing Plc
50 Bedford Square
Or by email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org